You’ve got your trusty, rugged Land Rover Defender and are ready to hit the road and explore some fresh terrain. Surely, you have been thinking that staying overnight in a remote campground or other off-path location would be great! And since you’ve got the perfect adventure vehicle, we’re here to help you find the best tow-behind RV camper that can be safely pulled with your Land Rover Defender.
3 of the Best Travel Trailer options for towing with a Land Rover Defender
2020 Land Rover Defender Towing and Off-road Specs
- All Wheel Drive
- Towing capacity: 7716 – 8201 lbs
- 35 inches wading capacity
- Carrying capacity 370 lbs dynamic / 661 static
- Tow Assist: Available option
To safely stay within the towing limits of the Defender, we chose 3 travel trailers under 6,000 lbs dry weight. Remember, once you add all your items, fill the gas and propane tanks and add a hitch you will be pulling a lot more than the dry weight of the RV! We recommend always staying on the low side of towing capacity of your Defender to account for hilly conditions, wind, and other factors that could make towing unsafe or wreak havoc on your transmission.
- Apex Nano by Coachmen. These lightweight, small length travel trailers are built using Adzel onboard composite sidewall panel technology on aluminum frames, making them strong and lightweight. The Nano has several floor plans to choose from, including the popular 193BHS will full bathroom and bunk beds. Even the largest Nano weights in under 4,000 lbs, so your Defender should tow the Nano line with ease if loaded properly. Here are some new and used Apex Nanos for sale.
2. Forest River Flagstaff Micro-Lite Travel Trailer. This luxurious pull-behind RV has floorplans for every need – bunks, slide-outs, walk-around beds and more. Ranging from 21 ft. to 25 ft. in length, there are 10 different layouts to choose from – all under 5500 lbs. And check out that storage! Micro-Lites for sale
3. Aliner Titanium and Aliner Ranger. Fun fact: you can raise the roof in these easy to tow travel trailers! The Ranger line of Aliner hard-side popup is the perfect companion to the Land Rover Defender. Check out the rugged options on the Titanium models, such as 14″ off road tires and front diamond-plate protection. These fun towables are easy to maneuver, see around while driving, and easy to pop up. If you like to camp lightly and have more off-road options available to you, the Aliner Ranger and Titanium models might be just right. Here are some Aliner Rangers for sale and here are some Aliner Titaniums as well.
Whether you are headed to the campground or to a peaceful riverside getaway, there are some great overnight adventure RV camping options with your Land Rover Defender. Happy camping!
Note: this article is for entertainment purposes only, please tow at your own risk and be sure to do your due diligence prior to any RV and car purchase / tow.
Share this article: