Purchased new November 2019.
This Thor Motor Coach is ideal for someone who does not want to tow a camper and is looking for something small enough to get in/out of parking lots easily.
With only 6,300 miles, and first-time buyer, Thor Motor Coach offers a limited warranty to the first retail owner AND any second retail owner.
We have traveled almost exclusively in the Rocky Mountains in this RV and the Ford Triton 6.8 liter, V10 isn’t intimidated by the hills.
Although only 24’ in length, with the slide-out Queen size bedroom, we’ve brought the grandchildren and Goldendoodles on some of our camping adventures. The Freedom Elite has a cab-over bunk sleeping area and the dinette table drops down for additional sleeping area if needed.
Here are the cool features you’ll want to know:
- A mid-size refrigerator/freezer that operates on propane/electric.
- 15’ power retractable awning with outside LED Lighting
- USB ports in the bedroom, dining room, cab-over area, and main driving cabin. In other words, there’s no place in the RV you can’t charge your phone.
- Storage space the includes a small closet, overhead cabinets in the bedroom and dinette area, kitchen cabinets and pantry. Outside storage includes a cargo area for your hoses, power cables, etc. and a small cargo compartment by the front door (this is where I store my tools).
- Dinette Booth
- Double Door Gas/ Electric RV Refrigerator/freezer
- 3 Burner Gas Cooktop w/ Oven
- Microwave Oven
- Large Single Bowl Stainless Steel Sink with Flip-Up Countertop Extension
- Bedroom Outlets
- Shower w/ Curtain – I am 6’0” and with the skylight directly above the shower, it makes it easy to stand up straight.
- 40 Inch TV on Manual Swivel in Cab-Over area.
- Cable TV Ready – there’s also a jack on the outside of the rig plus a digital TV Antenna.
Here’s the technical features you’ll eventually ask about:
- Engine: Triton V10 with 305hp
- 4.0 Cummins Onan Generator. The generator runs from your vehicle’s gas supply (no separate fuel tank) and has a remote start inside on the main control panel.
- 13.5K BTU Roof A/C – low/high cool and fan.
- 19K BTU heater – thermostatically controlled in the bedroom.
- 6 Gallon Gas/ Electric Water Heater – this operates from propane if electricity is not available with remote switches inside on the main control panel.
- Safety features include: Rearview back-up camera; Smoke and CO2 detectors and GFCI receptacles; and an Emergency Exit window at the rear of the vehicle.
- I haven’t towed anything with this rig (my goal buying small was portability and not having to tow). However, the specs say it has a 8,000lbs hitch weight.
- Power adjustable seats: No
- 40 gallon fresh water tank, 25 gallon gray water tank, 29 gallon black water tank. Note: There’s an extra tank shut-off valve the owner’s manual didn’t list that I almost found out about the hard way…be sure to remind me to show you where that is.
As a first-time RV owner, we soon found out what doesn’t come with a new RV. Hence, here’s what our used Freedom Elite will eliminate you from purchasing:
- Fresh and gray water hoses.
- Sewer drain lines with expandable support system.
- Leveling blocks - haven't needed them yet.
We have also added a few extra features:
- Flat screen TV with DVD player for the bedroom. This TV is also connected to the digital TV antenna.
- The dealer insisted VENT COVERS were "must haves"! So, we had vent covers added to protect the four roof-top vents from damage.
Why did I choose a small Class C? The standard parking lot space is about 9 feet by 18 feet. This RV is 8.25 feet by 24 feet. I wanted to get in/out of most parking lots without taking up too much extra space. The height is 11 feet so you still have to be observant. Don’t pull into fast food drive-throughs!
This RV is exceptionally clean – we’ve been very diligent in cleaning the bathrooms, kitchens, linens, etc. after every trip. Even our Goldendoodles are recognized as hypoallergenic dogs and great for people who have pet allergies. The rig has been winterized each year with no issues with leaks when we’ve de-winterized in the Spring.
|Listed Price||$76,995|| |
Excluding price changes of less than $100.