Ultimate vacation getaway, Zombie apocalypse, road-ready, top-of-the-line Diesel Pusher motorcoach. When crafted in 1988, the Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB40 was the best money could buy. It was built to last forever – with a timeless modern/retro interior. This beauty was hundreds of thousands when new and over the last few years a small fortune was spent to keep this machine road worthy, reliable and safe.
This Bluebird Wanderlodge has been upgraded from front to rear, inside and out, and is ready to drive anywhere in the country. It NEEDS nothing. Yes, there are a few minor things here and there – but nothing that gives pause to cruising down the interstate with your loved ones. It has driven 15,000+ miles in the last 3 years flawlessly. All maintenance is up to date and everything mechanical works as it should. All interior systems fully functional. See below for a detailed list of upgrades and recent service.
If you aren’t familiar with Bluebird Wanderlodge’s, you’ll quickly find they are world class. Galvanized steel walls, structure, frame – they are the safest and strongest vehicle on the road short of an Abrams tank. Aluminum tread plate on the roof (have a party up there if you want to). Windows open wide to enjoy summer breezes. Awnings in great shape. Hardwood floors. New upholstery. Corian countertops, dual sink in kitchen, and tile backsplashes. Cabinet grade plywood. Storage enough to bring everything, including the kitchen sink. You could easily and comfortably live in this coach full-time. You’ll be the envy of your friends and admired everywhere you go.
Reason for sale: we’ve made some great memories. Moving to house on a lake and the kids want a boat. Not considering trades. Last we checked, a Wanderlodge doesn’t float very well. It’s ready to continue making new memories.
Service Description - Mechanical
• New Group 8D batteries (4), with disconnect switches (2019)
• New 4-Stage Intelligent Charger for main battery bank (2019)
• New Air compressor coolant lines (2019)
• New KONI shock absorbers; all axles (2019)
• New Safe-T-Plus Steering controller (2019)
• New drag link ends (2019)
• New tie-rod ends (2019)
• New Ackerman arms, updated model (2019)
• New Engine starter (2019)
• Adjusted front wheel bearings (2019)
• Front end alignment (2019)
• New exhaust from turbo outlet to muffler (2019)
• Air box drain hoses replaced (2019)
• Air solenoid and air cylinder on front steps, replaced (2019)
• New alternator belts (2019)
• New alternator ground cables (2019)
• Rebuilt primary RACOR fuel filter (2019)
• Drained diesel fuel tank, inspected, cleaned (2019)
• New oil pressure sensors, senders (2019)
• New power and grounds to ECM (2019)
• New power and grounds to EDU (2019)
• Coolant drained and refilled with new (2019)
• Coolant level sensor replaced new (2019)
• Transmission fluid and filter replaced (2019)
• Rebuilt air dryer and new cartridge & replace air valve with new (2019)
• New airbags all axles; steer axle, drive axle, tag axle (2019/2021)
• (2) new front steer tires (2019)
• New generator battery and built-in solar charger/maintainer (30 watt, 3 stage)
• New rear brakes, incl. drums & pads + 1 air-brake chamber (2020)
• New Generator water pump belt (2020)
• Rear wheel seals, replaced (2020)
• Steer leveling valve, replaced (2020)
• Air pressure sending unit, rebuilt (2020)
• Received oil/filters/check every year in the fall prior to winter storage.
• Main engine and generator both fire and start instantly and run perfectly.
• Engine cooling systems works great. All temperatures normal.
• All work above completed at WW Williams in Wyoming, Michigan.
• No expense spared to make coach safe, road worthy, and reliable.
• Would drive coach anywhere in the country right now - NEEDS NOTHING.
• Anything to do with coach starting, driving, and stopping safely and reliably is complete.
Upgrades/Service - Interior
• New hardwood floor; front to rear
• New entry step covers & carpet
• New curtains front and rear (electric open/close)
• New jackknife sofa covering (professional; GM seat cloth)
• New sofa front salon area; easily removed and hardwood on floor underneath.
• Flat screen TV front with Blu-Ray/DVD player
• Color rear view camera
• Corian countertop on front dash (beautiful and one-of-a-kind).
• New steering wheel (upgraded Bluebird model)
• New ISRI front seats (drivers seat is air seat, but small leak that needs repaired)
• New kitchen faucet
• New tile backsplash
• Dinette cushions professionally redone
• Bathroom electric flush toilet
• Shower frame powder-coat painted; looks great! – HUGE shower
• New bathroom faucet and tile backspash
• Rear queen bed
• New curtains in bedroom
• New wall coverings in bedroom
• In kitchen wallpaper covering is stick-on adhesive - removeable to stock
• In bedroom rear graphic covering mirrors attached with wallpaper paste - removeable to stock
• Rear bedroom has 32" 4K high-definition TV, Blu-Ray player, sound-bar, and subwoofer
• Fridge/freezer works great (holds fridge at 37 degrees and ice-cream frozen)
• 2 burner stove and microwave work great
• Basement storage area freshly carpeted
• No water leaks and no evidence of prior leaks
• Waste tank valves and piping replaced (2019)
• All electric heaters work and both propane furnaces work.
• Original "blue box" filled with historical maintenance info is included.
Things that need attention:
• Front passenger side leveling jack has leaky seals… all other jacks work properly.
• A few areas could use minor paint touchup on exterior, but overall nice paint condition.
• Driver side awning over rear bedroom window on exterior has broken springs.
• Small crack in entry door window (minor crack, no leaks and causes no problems).
• One rear taillight (there are 4 total) doesn't turn on… haven't diagnosed yet.
• Speedometer works sporadically (usually after a few miles of driving it works fine).
• (1) of the (3) air conditioners needs a new start capacitor (the other 2 blow cold and work great).
• Exterior paint is solid B. A bit of touch up and a polish/wax would turn it into an A.
• 12,500 watt diesel generator… runs and produces power flawlessly.
• 200 gallons waste tanks… no drips, no dribbles.
• 130 gallons fresh water… works perfect; sanitized annually.
• 300 gallons diesel fuel… drive across the country on a tank of fuel.
• 43.5 gallons of propane… keeps you warm and cooks stuff… like it should.
• 10,000 lbs towing capacity… rating of hitch receiver, not ability of the Wanderlodge!
If you are looking for a vintage/retro, road-ready coach, that has been professionally serviced, and ready to have fun right now, look no further!
|Listed Price||$57,900|| |
Excluding price changes of less than $100.