Frequently Asked Questions
Place ads for new or used campers, motor homes, 5th wheels or other rv’s for sale or wanted. Our list of frequently asked questions below is designed to help you create and maintain your ad, and answer questions about costs and technical details.
- What does advertising on RVT cost?
- How do I upload images to my ad?
- Why are my photos upside down (or sideways)?
- How do I modify or edit my ad?
- How do I place an ad with my iPad?
- How do I search the site?
- How do I get my username and password?
- How will potential buyers contact me?
- I sold my RV - now what?
- I seem to have a duplicate ad, did I pay for two?
- I paid for my ad but it says “offline” - why?
- How do I renew my ad?
- What’s the difference between the Free Account
and the Premium Account?
- If I place an ad on RVT will it go in the magazine?
- How do I find RV pricing information?
- What is Auto Notify?
- How do I keep track of my Favorite Ads?
- Will fuel prices affect the sale of my RV?
Beware of Internet Scammers
Scammers are known to use services such as ours to perpetrate their crimes. One common scam involves offering to deposit money in your bank in excess of the value of your vehicle, then asking you to forward the difference to them. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably it is! Please refer to our fraud prevention page for more information. We actively screen communications between buyers and sellers to filter out scammers, but we cannot guarantee that some bogus messages won’t get through. If you encounter a scammer while using our website, please let us know. You can also contact your local FBI office, either directly or at http://www.fbi.gov. In Canada, contact the RCMP.
Please be advised that we do not sell or otherwise provide anyone with access to the email addresses of our sellers or buyers, for any purpose whatsoever.
What does advertising on RVT cost?
Private Listings are FREE. We do Offer Premium ad packages that vary in features and duration. View ad packages and pricing.
You can add Extra photos, visibility or priority options to your ad very inexpensively.
If you want to get your ad noticed, bold your Listing so it stands out compared to other ads in search results – it’s only an additional $5.00. Or, make it bold and red for only $9.95.
Featured Homepage Priority Ads give your ad display priority. With a Featured Homepage ad, your ad will be featured on our home page "Front Row" section on a rotational basis. All this exposure for only $30.00! Your ad will keep the homepage priority for 4 weeks.
State Search Featured Ads are listed at the top of the search results. When a buyer does a search for a vehicle in a particular state, ads with State Search Priority in that state will be featured at the top of the search results. All this exposure for just $20.00! Featured ads are shown in rotation for 4 weeks.
Add a Truck or Tow Car Listing. Are you looking to Sell you 5th Wheel and your Truck? or Looking to Sell your Class A and your Tow Car? One of the features RVT has just added allows you to add a Tow Car or Truck Listing for just $10.00. This way you can advertise both vehicles at the same time, and your two ads will be linked so potential buyers can easily view both.
How do I upload images to my ad?
In order to upload images to your ad, go to the home page and follow these steps:
- Login to your account
- Click on “Photos” under “Manage This Ad”.
- Click the "Browse" button to find the picture you want to upload from your hard drive, disk, usb drive, etc.
- Once you have selected your picture click on the “Upload Picture” button. Depending on the size of your file and the speed of your internet connection, it may take a minute or two to upload.
Your changes will take effect immediately. In order to view them in your browser, you may have to refresh your page.
If you are having trouble getting your images successfully uploaded, it may be because they are in the wrong file format. Acceptable image file formats include:
- .jpg or .jpeg
If after trying the above you still cannot get them uploaded, you can send them to us and we will post them for you.
The quickest way is to email the images to: . Please include your Ad Number in the Subject or Body of your message.
Send the images, with your Ad Number clearly marked, by mail to:
726 Cherry St. #160
PO Box 8000
1102-1329 Ellis St.
Please note: If you want your images to be returned to you, please provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope.[ back to top ]
Why are my photos upside down (or sideways)?
If you used an iPhone to take your photos, there’s a good chance the orientation of your pictures could be reversed. The iPhone allows you to use your volume button as a shutter release - unfortunately when you take photos with the buttons on top like you would with a regular camera, your iPhone is now actually upside down. Apple compensates for this by adding EXIF data to the photos that tells iTunes and other Apple software which way is up. Other operating systems and software outside of the Apple ecosystem don’t necessarily use that EXIF data when displaying photos, so they appear the way they were taken: upside down.
Correct this problem by using the “Rotate Left” or “Rotate Right” tools in the photo upload area of your account.
You can also contact us and we can fix your photos for you.
How do I modify or edit my ad?
In order to update your ad on RVT, follow these steps:
- Login to your account
- Under “Manage This Ad”, click on the button related to the task you want to perform:
- Description - edit price, features, details and wording of your ad.
- Photos - add, remove, and edit photos.
- Video - add a YouTube video to your ad.
- Activate Ad - if your ad is offline, activate it here. Does not apply to new ads waiting for approval.
- Upgrade / Renew - add exposure, additional photos, additional time and more here. You can also renew your ad if it has expired.
- For Sale Sign - print a custom For Sale sign for your RV or vehicle.
- Bill of Sale - print a basic bill of sale that you can use during the sale of your item.
- Mark Sold / Pause - mark your listing as “Sold” and no longer avaialble, or take your ad offline without deleting it.
- Make the changes to your ad.
- When you’re finished, click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Preview Ad” to view your changes.
If you have forgotten your login information, please click here.
If you are still having problems you can email or call us at: 1-800-677-4484 8:30am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time, Monday to Friday.
How do I place an ad with my iPad?
In order to edit or modify your ad on RVT, follow these steps:
- Place ad as normal at RVT.com. Fill out User info, RV info, Complete Payment
- Email photos to
To email photos from iPad:
- open Photos app
- tap the mail icon (box with right arrow)
- select photos for sending
- tap “Share” (top left corner)
- select “Email”
- include your ad # in the subject and tap Send
- RVT Support will upload your photos to the ad
How do I search the site?
The best way to search for RVs is to start from our Search Center, which allows you to search in many different ways. You can use the advanced form to search by Type of RV, Location, Make, Model, Price, Length or Keywords and more.
You can also take advantage of any of the pre-configured Power Searches on the page that allow you to browse RVs for sale to your heart’s content.
How do I get my username and password?
If you have forgotten your username or password, please click here.
How will potential buyers contact me?
When creating your ad, you can choose whether you want interested buyers to contact you by email only, phone only, or both. These settings can be changed at any time in your RVT account area.
Email: Your email address is always hidden and cannot be accessed by anyone viewing your ad. Buyers can reach you by clicking on a “Contact Seller” button and completing a web form to submit an inquiry which we then send to you. If you reply to the inquiry, please be aware that you'll be dealing directly with the buyer through your regular email and your email address will be available to the buyer at that point.
I sold my RV - now what?
Congratulations on your sale! If you have sold your RV please:
- Login to your account
- Click “Mark Sold / Pause” in your Account Manager
- Select the appropriate option
If you select one of the other options, your ad will be taken offline immediately
You can also let us know your RV has sold by contacting us.
I seem to have a duplicate ad, did I pay for two?
No, you will not pay for two ads. It's possible to create duplicate ads if the back button on your browser is used at a critical moment during the ad creation process. If this does happen, please contact us and we'll remove the unwanted listing(s) for you.
I paid for my ad but it says “offline” - why?
All ads placed on RVT.com are screened and verified for authenticity. There may be a delay before your ad is activated.
How do I renew my ad?
For security reasons, we do not save credit card numbers from past transactions.
To renew your ad on RVT.com, please follow these steps:
- Login to your account and click on “Payment or Renewal”.
- Choose the renewal and / or upgrade options you want, and click “Continue”.
- Enter your payment information and click “Complete Payment”.
Your changes will take effect immediately following payment.
What’s the difference between the Free Account and the Premium Account?
- Allows you to place an ad on RVT
- Provides full access to your ad including umlimited updates, statistics, upgrades and more
- Allows you to save RV searches and RV ads
Premium Account - all the benefits of a Free Account PLUS:
- No 3rd Party Advertising - browse RVT.com with no banner ads for a cleaner and faster experience!
- Discounted Ad Placement - receive a discount when placing an ad!
- Only $2.99 / Month - you may cancel the service at any time, and we will discontinue the monthly charge.
- A Premium User Account is not required to place an ad.
- Canceling an RVT.com listing does NOT cancel your Premium status or the monthly fee.
If I place an ad on RVT.com will it go in the magazine?
No, if you place an ad on RVT.com it will be posted online – it will not go into a magazine.
How do I find RV pricing information?
RVT.com now has the best RV pricing tool anywhere! Get RV retail price values instantly from NADA, the trusted source among RV buyers, sellers, and industry insiders. Then, use the RVT Price Checker to compare the NADA values side-by-side with actual RV listings on RVT.com for the most accurate and complete RV price information possible.
What is Auto Notify?
The Auto-Notify feature allows you to set up a personal search agent that will automatically send you a notification when new ads that match your specifications are posted on RVT.com. You must create a free account and login to use this feature.
How do I keep track of my favorite ads?
Will fuel prices affect the sale of my RV?
With today’s fuel prices steadily rising we are often asked if they will affect the sale of RVs. Here is a quote that provides a good perspective on how fuel costs affect the sales of RVs in general:
“If a customer travels 5,000 miles a year with their RV and averages 10 mpg, they would need 500 gallons of fuel. If the price of fuel shoots up by 50 cents they would only spend 250 more dollars for the year!”- Ben Johnson - Regional Sales Manager for Jayco
Despite the slow economy and record high fuel prices, the number of RVT.com ads reported as sold has remained steady. Now more than ever sellers can use the power of RVT.com to find buyers nationwide.