Affordable travel heads the list of reasons people buy recreational vehicles. There are many other benefits to traveling in a motorhome or travel trailer — freedom, independence, family togetherness and enjoying nature, to name just a few — but exploring the scenic beauty of our vast country is the primary reason that so many American families and retirees buy RVs online.
AARP recently named must-see tourist destinations in the U.S. with help from Frommer’s Travel writer Alexis Flippin. Their list makes a great starting point for RV travelers making vacation plans.
- Sample America’s best vintages during a tasting tour of Napa Valley and Sonoma County in northern California’s Wine Country.
- Trace the birth of our nation on the Freedom Trail in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Fill up on gumbo and jambalaya in Louisiana’s Cajun Country.
- Picnic among a sea of bluebonnets during spring in Texas Hill Country.
- Experience the dramatic beauty of sheer red cliffs, soaring sandstone spires and monster monoliths in the Red Rock Canyonlands of Utah and Arizona.
- Marvel at the towering mountains and wide open spaces of Montana and Wyoming’s Big Sky Country.
- Enjoy Southern hospitality and low-country cuisine in Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia.
- For the ultimate RV trip, tour Alaska during the summer when long days give you plenty of time to wander and explore.
- Soak up the sun in Miami and the Florida Keys.
On RVT.com you’ll find affordable prices on an incredible selection of more than 60,000 new and used RVs for sale of every make and model. Visit us today and start exploring America!