Last month I asked the more than fifteen-hundred members of three RV groups with pages on Facebook the same question. I asked them what was their most valued or indispensible RV resource. The groups that I surveyed were: *Fulltime RVers, **RV Blogs and ***RVers Over 50. Here are some of their answers:
- Teresa said that John and Kathy Huggins’ “Living the RV Dream” podcasts http://livingthervdream.podomatic.com/ and website http://www.livingthervdream.com/ along with their book “So You Want to be a Fulltime RVer” are her favorite resources. As long-time RVers, the Huggins’ website has links to a variety of RV clubs, fuel price lookups, RV repair resources, RV parks and people to name a few.
- Dorean said that she goes to YouTube and does a search for videos related to fixing her RV. She said “For just about anything you have a problem with, there is a video.”
- Hope goes to “AirForums.com” (Airstream trailer rehabilitation) http://www.airforums.com/forums/ because what she finds there is transferable to just about any RV. Under “Forums” you can search such topics as general repair, exterior restoration, plumbing, electronics and winterizing the RV.
- Angela favorite resource when she is on the road is “Next Exit” http://www.next-exit.com/. At the top of Next Exit’s home page, they inform you that “This site was founded by a frustrated traveler – tired of passing by the cheap gas exits and being hungry when no food exits are nearby.”
- Sheila said that she uses freecampsites.net, RV Parky http://www.rvparky.com/ for information and reviews for over 25,000 North America parks and camgrounds, parkreviews.com and findfuelstops.com.
- Others said that they rely on the internet generally as a resource, on their GPS (Global Positioning System), Woodall’s Grade A Parks 2013 and various other Facebook social networking groups related to RVing.
I don’t know about you, but I didn’t know about most of these resources and I’ve been RVing for twenty-five years. I particularly want to thank the members of Facebook’s Fulltime RVers, RV Blogs and RVers Over 50 for responding to my question. Happy and safe travels to you all.
*Full-time RVers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4805712531/?ref=br_tf A group for those working and living from their RV year-round.
**RV Blogs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvblogs/ A place to share RV-related blogs with other RVers.
***RVers Over 50: https://www.facebook.com/groups/471817712875241/ Senior RVers share with one another.