In fact, at this time in the RV sector, one could make a strong case that — when it comes to brand new RVs — it has become a “seller’s market.” So, …
- What can a conscientious and eager RV shopper do to “get an edge” in an RV seller’s market?
- What tips & tricks can a buyer take advantage of in order to become the most effective RV shopper possible?
Over the coming weeks, keep an eye on RV Insight. We plan to feature articles that will help RV shoppers optimize their searching skills and overall shopping experience.
Advanced Search Options
Of course, basic Searches can easily be conducted with the “Find an RV” Search box on RVT.com, but what some buyers miss is the searching opportunities found in the Advanced Search, located here …
There are a couple of other convenient ways you can access the Advanced Search filers as well:
- From RVT.com, hover on the top menu item “Search” and click “Advanced Search.”
- Run any Search and notice that all your Advanced Search choices appear in the left hand margin as well.
Advanced Search — by RV Specifications
Let’s take a look at some of the choices that open up for you:
Looking for Gas only? Try this.
Here is a list of RVs for sale that are Gas only. It is a handy and efficient way to narrow down your search.
Advanced Search — by Seller Type:
Some buyers want to purchase from a well-respected dealer so they have easy access to Parts & Service in the future. Other buyers are strictly shopping for RVs for sale by Private Owners. Use Advanced Search to locate Private Sellers only, by checking this box …
For your convenience, here’s a list of all the RVs for sale by Private Owners.
Advanced Search — by the Specs of the Listing Itself
Buyers often tell us it makes their buying job tougher when Sellers do not put a price on their listings. In fact, un-priced RVs for sale are actually a “pet peeve” of many RV shoppers. To avoid seeing RVs that are not priced, try an Advanced Search like this …
Here is a list of all the RVs on RVT that show the unit price. Looking at only RVs that include price saves buyers from contacting a Seller whose price is outside your budget. This is another way Advanced Search filters to can help you conduct a quick and efficient RV search.
Other Advanced Search Choices That Can Help:
- Location – Your choice. Use either the location where you are now or … if you’re a Snowbird and you want to travel down to Arizona and buy an RV when you get there, choose AZ as your searching location.
- Year Range – Saves you time when you know roughly what Year of RV you’re looking for.
- Length – Have a 28 ft. space where you’re looking to park your new RV? Use “Length” in Advanced Search and only RV listings that include the length will be displayed.
- New or Used – Can be very useful when searching for a used RV from a recent model year. For example a used 2015 or 2016.
- Keywords – Try entering words you feel might be in the listing of the RV that’s right for you. “Bunk” “king sized” “Spartan chassis” “1 owner” etc.
When buyers get comfortable and fluid at using everything Advanced Search has to offer, they can end up saving time and narrowing in on desired features (and prices!) that work for them.
We hope these tips help give you, the RV Shopper, an edge — even in a seller’s market!