The RV industry was out in full force at last week’s annual RVIA trade show in Louisville, Kentucky. Manufacturers introduced new 2013 models and displayed upgrades and improvements to current lines. More than 7,500 people attended the three-day show, slightly down from last year. However, many manufacturers and suppliers said traffic was heavy and sales were brisk.
As we noted in our December 4 post, the RV industry’s most innovative new models and products were on display. Here are some more of the new RV trends to watch for when you shop online for 2013 RV models on RVT.com.
- Gas prices have made fuel efficiency a priority with RV manufacturers. This year’s show featured some Type B motorhomes with impressive fuel numbers up to 22 mpg!
- Bright, bold exterior colors and elaborate decorative wraps were also on display offering RV buyers greater opportunities to personalize their rigs.
- Upgraded kitches with island kitchens and banquet-style dinettes were evident in many models. Luxury RVs are featuring full-size gourmet kitchens with quality countertops and full-size, high-end, brand-name appliances.
- To increase sleeping capacity, manufacturers are getting creative about bunkbed placement, tucking extra bunks into spare space. Loft beds, corner bunks and shelf bunks above pull-out couches were in evidence. Some Type A motorhome manufacturers are even bringing back the space-saving overhead dropdown beds that were popular in the past.
- LED lighting, both inside and outside, is becoming the new RV standard.
You’ll find a huge selection of new and used RVs on RVT.com. Visit our website today to shop for your next RV.
Share this article: