The RV summer vacation season may have already started where you live.
Before you pack the family into your motorhome or travel trailer and hit the highway, take a moment to load these helpful travel apps onto your tablet or smartphone:
- We can’t have an app conversation without first mentioning our own apps, RV Classifieds for iPad and RVT.com Mobile for iPhone. If you’re buying or selling (or just casually shopping), they’re an easy and practically effortless way to view the entire RVT.com inventory, contact sellers and more.
- Ok here’s the rest…
- TripIt. Consolidate all your RV vacation travel plans in one place. With TripIt, you can create a travel itinerary, access maps and keep track of RV campground reservations.
- GasBuddy. Before filling up your RV, use this app to locate
the cheapest local gas prices. Finds gas stations in both the U.S. and Canada.
- GoogleMaps. Get driving directions or see where you’re going with satellite and street views. Also check out Google’s Street View apps which include Grand Canyon trails, California parks and many popular U.S. summer attractions.
- MapsGalaxy. Get directions, check for traffic delays, plot travel routes to avoid orange cones and tune in local weather reports.
- Americas National Parks. Find park and trail maps for U.S. national parks.
- Oh,Ranger! Park Finder. Enter the activities or facilities you are looking for and this app will tell you where to find them using its comprehensive database of every national and state park, national forest, wildlife refuge and Bureau of Land Management site in the U.S.
- MyRadar. Keep track of weather and storm alerts and view real time radar tracking of storm systems. Android version also available.
- AroundMe. Use this local search tool to find RV service and repair centers, restaurants, hospitals, businesses, ATMs, movie theaters and anything else you need.
- Yelp. From grocery stores to laundromats, find local stores and services.
As we know, there are no shortage of apps available these days. Hopefully this list helped to give you some ideas as you’re browsing the app marketplaces.
Share this article: