Putting Google Analytics to Work for Your RV Dealership
The most popular and widely used web analytics application, Google Analytics provides RV dealers with a powerful and useful tool that can help RV dealerships:
- gain a more accurate understanding of their customer base,
- better target marketing campaigns and increase return on investment (ROI),
- allow dealers to spot and analyze trends,
- drive more traffic to dealership websites and improve conversion rates,
- help RV dealerships build brand recognition, and
- increase RV dealership sales.
Google Analytics is a statistical work horse that allows RV dealers to track and analyze every conceivable piece of data their dealership generates online, including data from websites, internet marketing campaigns, Google AdWords, search engine optimization (SEO) efforts, web display ads, pay-per-click advertising, online RV classified ad listings on RVT.com, social media initiatives and more. But the sheer volume of statistical data generated can also overwhelm those unfamiliar with the language, purpose, design and use of internet metrics. It pays to remember that as fascinating as statistical data can be, stats are essentially useless if you can't put them to work for your dealership.
RV dealers can gain instant access to the most powerful features of Google Analytics through RVT.com. RV dealerships that advertise their RV inventories on RVT.com benefit from RVT's No. 1 ranking in Google search results, the result of RVT.com's considerable investment in search engine optimization. Not only do organic search results drive millions of motivated RV shoppers to RVT.com, but RVT.com also purchases sponsored search results for all important RV-related keywords. These pay-per-click ads generate an additional 30,000 RV shopper visits per month, directing considerable traffic to RV dealer listings on RVT.com.
RVT.com also gives RV dealers affordable access to two powerful Google programs designed to drive quality RV shopper traffic directly to dealership websites and online inventory:
- Googles DFP Display Ad Network allows RV dealers to target extremely specific buyer groups.
- Google AdWords for dealer classifieds optimizes dealership marketing campaigns to maximize traffic to dealer listings.
- When examining data, look for short and long-term trends.
- Paying attention to URLs can reveal traffic sources, indicating the paths site visitors use to access your website (bookmarks, search engines, referral sites, banner ads, marketing campaigns, links, etc.).
- Keyword data provides a window to consumer intent. Knowing what keywords landed visitors on different website pages can help you increase keyword effectiveness, improve website content and navigation, fine tune calls to action, and reduce bounce rates.
- Examination of click patterns, click clusters, heavily-clicked links, and clicks on the bottom third of a page can help you boost conversion rates.
- Aggregate statistics are important but don't ignore segmented analysis. Data on small site visitor groups can reveal potential new customer groups, as well as groups that may profit from a different marketing approach.
- Don't get so lost in the data that you forget to focus on outcomes. Google analytics can help you understand and act to change outcomes; but outcomes are what will ultimately determine your bottom line.
Share this with friends:
Like what you've just read? Share it to your friends using your favourite service below: